Pakistan`s first practice session devoted to fielding
Bangalore: Having not played since last October`s semifinal match against Sri Lanka in the Twenty20 World Cup, the Mohammad Hafeez-led Pakistan side on Sunday underwent a one-hour practice session to get into the groove ahead of the first T20 match against India here on Sunday.
The 15-member Pakistan squad including stars Shahid Afridi, Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Saeed Ajmal slogged it out at the Chinnaswamy stadium under the watchful eyes of coach Dav Whatmore.
The practice session began around 10.50 am with the players doing warming up exercises.
Whatmore and his boys mainly devoted their time on fielding practice.
Almost all the players including Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez, Umar Gul, the Akmal brothers and Malik practised outfield catching and ground fielding.
The team arrived here last night for the first bilateral series between the two sides since 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?