Pakistan`s first practice session devoted to fielding
Bangalore: Having not played since last October`s semifinal match against Sri Lanka in the Twenty20 World Cup, the Mohammad Hafeez-led Pakistan side on Sunday underwent a one-hour practice session to get into the groove ahead of the first T20 match against India here on Sunday.
The 15-member Pakistan squad including stars Shahid Afridi, Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Saeed Ajmal slogged it out at the Chinnaswamy stadium under the watchful eyes of coach Dav Whatmore.
The practice session began around 10.50 am with the players doing warming up exercises.
Whatmore and his boys mainly devoted their time on fielding practice.
Almost all the players including Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez, Umar Gul, the Akmal brothers and Malik practised outfield catching and ground fielding.
The team arrived here last night for the first bilateral series between the two sides since 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections