Pakistan`s first practice session devoted to fielding
Bangalore: Having not played since last October`s semifinal match against Sri Lanka in the Twenty20 World Cup, the Mohammad Hafeez-led Pakistan side on Sunday underwent a one-hour practice session to get into the groove ahead of the first T20 match against India here on Sunday.
The 15-member Pakistan squad including stars Shahid Afridi, Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Saeed Ajmal slogged it out at the Chinnaswamy stadium under the watchful eyes of coach Dav Whatmore.
The practice session began around 10.50 am with the players doing warming up exercises.
Whatmore and his boys mainly devoted their time on fielding practice.
Almost all the players including Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez, Umar Gul, the Akmal brothers and Malik practised outfield catching and ground fielding.
The team arrived here last night for the first bilateral series between the two sides since 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?