Pakistan`s first practice session devoted to fielding
Bangalore: Having not played since last October`s semifinal match against Sri Lanka in the Twenty20 World Cup, the Mohammad Hafeez-led Pakistan side on Sunday underwent a one-hour practice session to get into the groove ahead of the first T20 match against India here on Sunday.
The 15-member Pakistan squad including stars Shahid Afridi, Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Saeed Ajmal slogged it out at the Chinnaswamy stadium under the watchful eyes of coach Dav Whatmore.
The practice session began around 10.50 am with the players doing warming up exercises.
Whatmore and his boys mainly devoted their time on fielding practice.
Almost all the players including Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez, Umar Gul, the Akmal brothers and Malik practised outfield catching and ground fielding.
The team arrived here last night for the first bilateral series between the two sides since 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike