Pakistan squad for ODI
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said today that left arm pacer Mohammad Irfan and experienced allrounder Shoaib Malik would remain in India with the national squad for the three-match One-day series, beginning in Chennai on Sunday.
The PCB announced in a statement that the national selection committee had accepted a request from the tour management to retain Malik and Irfan in the One-day squad.
"These two players will now also be part of the One-day squad in India," the statement said.
Malik and Irfan were originally only selected in the national Twenty20 squad for the two matches in India that ended in a 1-1 draw last night.
But after Malik scored a match winning half-century in the first T20 at Bangalore and Irfan impressed everyone with his bowling in both the games, speculations were rife the two players would also be retained for the ODI series.
Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi, however, could not manage to win the confidence of the team management and will return home along with those players who were only selected for the T20 series.
Malik`s retention for the ODI series, though could create selection headaches for the tour selection committee as the squad already includes specialist batsmen like Imran Farhat, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!