Pakistan team arrives in New Delhi for five-match series
New Delhi: The Pakistan Twenty20 squad led by Mohammed Hafeez touched down here this evening before taking a connecting flight to Bangalore where they will be playing the first of the two Twenty20 Internationals on December 25.
The PIA flight arrived in Delhi late in the afternoon and the squad was received by the senior officials of the Pakistan High Commission and BCCI officials.
"We were received by the officials of Pakistan High Commission as well as BCCI Chief Administrative Officer Ratnakar Shetty. The players got a warm welcome and were presented with lovely bouquets. The players are very happy and upbeat having received such a warm welcome," PCB GM (Media Affairs) Nadeem Sarwar, who is accompanying the squad, told PTI today.
"In fact during our short flight from Lahore, the co-passengers came and encouraged the players and they expressed their solidarity with the team with some of them even promising to come to the stadium to support the team during this tour," Sarwar added.
Pakistan squad later took an evening flight to Bangalore where they are expected to reach at around half past nine.
Earlier, former captains Javed Miandad and Inzamam ul Haq wished the team luck before their departure from Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!