Pakistan to chase rare ODI series win at lucky Eden Gardens
Kolkata: Pakistan will be hoping to achieve a rare one-day series win against India, when it takes on the latter in the second one-day international to be played here.
Having taken a one nil series lead in Chennai, thanks to a superb new-ball spell from Junaid Khan and fine innings from Nasir Jamshed and Younis Khan, Pakistan will take on India at Eden Gardens where they have not lost to the hosts ever.
Dating back to 1987, Pakistan have beaten India in Kolkata on three occasions.
On February 18, 1987, they snuck home by two wickets thanks to Salim Malik``s 36-ball 72; on October 28, 1989, they brushed India aside by 77 runs; and in the BCCI``s Platinum Jubilee Match on November 13, 2004, a fine hundred from Salman Butt took Pakistan to a six-wicket victory.
In 2012, Pakistan won seven of of its 12 one day internationals.
India: 1 Gautam Gambhir, 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 MS Dhoni (capt/wk), 6 Suresh Raina, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Ashok Dinda.
Pakistan: 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Nasir Jamshed, 3 Azhar Ali, 4 Younis Khan, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), 6 Shoaib Malik, 7 Kamran Akmal (wk), 8 Junaid Khan, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Mohammad Irfan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India