PCB awaits tickets promised by BCCI for upcoming India series
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is still awaiting the 3000 tickets promised to it by the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) for the much-anticipated Twenty20 and ODI series in India later this month.
A PCB source said that although the three travel agencies designated to handle the requests from Pakistanis wishing to travel to India for the matches had received a long list of requests, none had been processed due to non-availability of tickets, reports the Daily Times.
"The process outlined by the Indian High Commission is clear, the special visas will only be processed and issued if the applicants apply with tickets for the venues they want to travel to.
The problem facing the PCB and the travel agencies is that since they haven`t got the tickets as yet from the BCCI, they can`t process any of the requests," the source said.
Another source said the BCCI had recommended names of some hotels where the Pakistani visitors can stay during their visit to India but even they were not yet complete.
"The main problem is that the PCB has only authorised these three travel agencies to deal with requests for the matches in India. And until they don`t have the tickets, they can`t do anything," he said.
The source feared that with time running out, the requests may have to be diverted to the last two ODIs particularly the last one in Delhi.
"The PCB will only know how many tickets the BCCI has allocated for each venue when they get the tickets," the source said. Pakistan are due to leave for India on Saturday for the long-awaited series that will last till January 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video