PCB chief maintains silence on future of Indo-Pak cricket
Karachi: The chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Zaka Ashraf on Monday declined to comment on the discussions he had held with his counterpart from BCCI on the future course of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket relations.
"I don`t want to share anything with the media on this subject until discussions and talks are underway with them," Ashraf told reporters here.
The BCCI has been reported to have said that that there was no chance of the Indian team touring Pakistan in August due to security reasons nor would any such series be played at any neutral venue.
Pakistani television channels quoted the Indian media reports that the BCCI had also made their stance clear to Ashraf that until security situation in Pakistan was not 100 per cent restored for international cricket, they wouldn`t send their team.
Ashraf had yesterday told a news channel in New Delhi that he had given a proposal to the BCCI to name Pakistan and India`s bilateral series as the `Jinnah-Gandhi Cup`.
"I have proposed that in future Pakistan and India should also play a full series against each other as regularly as the Ashes series is held. And this series should be played for the Jinnah-Gandhi Cup," Ashraf said.
He said that he had discussed the issue of Indo-Pak series getting iconic status in the ICC.
"I have held discussions with the BCCI on regularising bilateral ties and India coming to play in Pakistan next August," Ashraf said.
The PCB chief, despite the restoration of Indo-Pak bilateral ties in his tenure, has faced some criticism for agreeing to send the team to India for the short series without demanding any financial compensation or share from the BCCI in return.
Ashraf has also come under criticism for agreeing to send the team to India without getting any confirmation from the BCCI on when they will next give Pakistan a full series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical