Rasool summoned to bowl at Indian team`s net session
New Delhi: Promising Jammu and Kashmir all-rounder Parvez Rasool was today summoned by the Indian team management to bowl to the likes of captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli ahead of the side`s third and final ODI against Pakistan here tomorrow.
Rasool, who is in the India A squad for the practice match against England at the Air Force Ground in Palam, along with Madhya Pradesh speedster Ishwar Pandey and Haryana`s Mohit Mahipal Sharma were quickly rushed to the India nets from the `A` team`s training.
It is certainly the biggest opportunity for the 23-year-old Rasool to impress the senior team members as well as the national selectors, who would be keenly watching the senior team`s practice.
The decision to get the trio of Rasool, Pandey and Sharma at the India practice was primarily due to the lack of quality net bowlers who could provide serious batting practice to the top players.
Off-spinner Rasool (who has taken 33 wickets this season) and pacer Pandey, who has been the highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy this season, are expected to provide quality match practice to the Indian batsmen as well as get the exposure of bowling to top-notch players who are not always available in the Ranji Trophy.
Rasool is the first player from the valley to be selected for the India `A` squad.
Speaking about the trio`s call-up to the senior nets, India A coach Lalchand Rajput said, "The Indian selectors wanted to have a look at Rasool and Pandey bowling to the Indian team members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday