Rookie Amin says Pak youngsters eager to beat ‘archrivals’ India on home turf
Islamabad: Umar Amin, who was recently recalled in Pakistan’s Twenty20 squad for their upcoming limited over series against India, has said they are not touring their neighbours for the sake of number but to beat them on their own home turf.
A classy left-hander known for his impeccable timing, Amin made his international debut in the 2010 Asia Cup but scored just 34 runs from three innings.
Later in the same year he made his Test debut during the ill-fated tour of England where he finished with an average of 12 from the four Tests he played against Australia and England.
Amin said he is ready to make amends for the lost opportunities in the past, and added that the series against archrivals India is going to be cracking.
“I’ve never toured India at any level and yes I’m very excited at the prospect of playing cricket in India - it should be a fantastic experience,” Amin said during an interview with Pakpassion.net.
“We want to go there not just to make up the numbers but to defeat the Indians on their home ground,” he added.
“It’s been a long time since Pakistan and India have played a series against each other and it’s fantastic for the fans and the players that the two Asian rivals are coming face to face in a cricket series. The excitement is building already for fans and the players,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam