Sehwag like a terrorist when he gets going: Sadiq
Kolkata: Former Pakistan opener Sadiq Mohammad Tuesday likened the batting of Virender Sehwag to a "terrorist", saying it was tough to stop the dashing batsman when he gets going.
"When Sehwag starts batting, he looks like a terrorist. With due respect to my words, it is very hard to stop him when he gets going," said Sadiq at the Eden Gardens here.
He is in India as a goodwill ambassador for the bilateral series between India and Pakistan.
Sadiq was also all praises for current Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed saying he had the capability to play long innings.
"Jamshed is technically sound and can play longer innings which makes him dangerous. If he settles down, he tries to carry his bat through making life easier for the other batsmen," he said.
Comparing Sehwag and Jamshed, he chose his compatriot over the Indian.
"Sehwag takes a lot of chances. There are 25 percent chances of him getting out early. But if Jamshed settles down, it is difficult to get him out," added Mohammad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof