Shahid Afridi may be reconsidered for India ODIs, says Misbah
Lahore: Snubbed Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi might be reconsidered for Pakistan`s one-day international series against India, according to limited-overs captain Misbah ul Haq.
Afridi was picked only for the two Twenty20s against India this month but left out of the three one dayers because he has scored only 182 runs in his last 16 ODIs with only one half century. But Afridi has scored two half centuries in 50-over practice matches in the last three days, including 90 off 64 balls on Wednesday.
"If his form remains like this and we needed him, we will definitely consider him. The form of senior players, who are experienced enough, is very important," the Daily Times quoted Misbah, as saying.
Former captain Wasim Akram reportedly criticised Afridi`s exclusion from the ODI`s and said the all-rounder could have been picked in any team as a bowler.
"Indian players are afraid of Afridi and I fail to understand why he was dropped. If the selectors were thinking that Afridi was out of form then they should have also dropped him from the Twenty20 team," Wasim quoted as saying.
Pakistan will leave for India on December 22, and the series will begin with a Twenty20 at Bangalore on December 25.
Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore believes off-spinner Saeed Ajmal will be their trump card against India, but Misbah said the rest of the bowlers also had to take responsibility.
Commenting on playing against India, Misbah said: "India has depth in their batting line-up and you can`t catch them with one bowler. As always, Saeed is our trump card, but as a team if we bowl well, then we do have a chance and I think it`s not a right thing to depend only on Saeed."
"There is always pressure in India-Pakistan matches and it will stay like this whether we are playing against each other regularly or not. Everyone follows it and has lots of expectations, but the key for us will be to play normal cricket like we do play against other teams," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'