Shiv Sena plans protest against touring Pakistan cricket team
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Shiv Sena has said that it will organise protests against the touring Pakistani cricket team that is scheduled to arrive in India on 22 December for a short limited over series.
The party has strongly opposed the resumption of cricketing ties with Pakistan terming it as a matter of national shame.
The Misbah ul Haq led team play won’t play any match in Maharashtra but Shiv Sena has said that it will protest wherever the team is scheduled to travel.
Pakistan will play three ODIs and two T20 matches -- the first of which will be played in Bangalore on 25 December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation