Team India sweats it out ahead of second T20 against Pakistan
Ahmedabad: The Indian cricket team on Thursday had its training session here ahead of their second Twenty20 match against Pakistan on Friday.
The team had a two-and-half-hour practice, supervised by chief coach Duncan Fletcher, bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding coach Trevor Penny, at the Sardar Patel Gujarat Stadium here.
The practice session began around 2 pm with a game of football, which has been a customary practice in the last few years, followed by fielding and net sessions.
The Pakistan team, on the other hand, started with net session and followed it with fielding drills.
This is the first bilateral series between the two sides since 2007 and the visitors lead the two-match T20 series 1-0.
The two teams will also play each other in the three-match ODI rubber starting in Chennai on December 30.
The second one-day game against Pakistan is scheduled to be held in Kolkata on January 3 followed by the last game on January 6 in Delhi.
This three-match series will be followed by the five-match ODI rubber against England that commences on January 11 at Rajkot.
The other four games are to be held at Kochi (January 15), Ranchi (January 19), Mohali (January 23) and Dharamsala (January 27).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof