Omar Abdullah hails Rasool`s India debut
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah congratulated Parvez Rasool for becoming the first cricketer from the state to play for India when the off-spinner took the field in the opening ODI of the three-match series against Bangladesh Sunday.
"So very happy for Parvez Rasool. He`s got his 1st ODI wicket with the dismissal of Anamul. Let`s hope this is the 1st of many, well done," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.Com soon after Rasool took his first wicket.
In the match played in Mirpur, Rasool finished with bowling figures of two for 60 in ten overs.
He dismissed Anamul Haque and Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living