Suresh Raina-led Indian team leaves for Bangladesh
Kolkata: A 15-member India team captained by Suresh Raina left for Dhaka today to take part in a three-match ODI series against Bangladesh starting on Sunday.
India have picked a second string squad for the short tour with regular skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma among others being rested ahead of the long England tour.
Raina and some members of the side arrived here last evening and were put up at a city hotel to catch the morning flight.
Former Andhra Pradesh Ranji Trophy player and member of the Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) Satya Prasad Yachendra is the manager of the team.
India will take on Mushfiqur Rahim-led Bangladesh in three one-dayers scheduled on June 15, 17 and 19 in Mirpur.
Raina, till date, has captained India in nine matches with a 4-5 win-loss record. The left-hander first captained India against Sri Lanka in May 2010 and against Zimbabwe the next month. A year later, he had led India to a 3-2 win in the West Indies.
Squad: Suresh Raina (captain), Robin Uthappa, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ambati Rayudu, Manoj Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav, Wriddhiman Saha (wicketkeeper), Parvez Rasool, Akshar Patel, Vinay Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Stuart Binny, Mohit Sharma and Amit Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack