Time for fringe players to take centre stage in Bangladesh
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Dhaka: India are all set to take on Bangladesh in a three-match ODI series starting from Sunday. As most the senior Indian players have been given rest, under the captaincy of Suresh Raina, it`s time for fringe players to take the centre stage.
In the absence of seniors like Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma it`s time for India`s bench strength to prove their mettle. Players like Robin Uthappa, Kedar Jadhav, Wriddhiman Saha and Akshar Patel, who have impressed the selectors with their outstanding performances in the recently concluded Indian Premier League`s seventh edition, would look to carry forward their IPL form, while representing the country.
Parveez Rasool and Manoj Tiwary also have a golden opportunity to prove a point against the Mushfiqur Rahim`s led Bangladesh side.
If Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan, who has been performing in patches for quite some time now, has a good chance to regain his lost form to cement his place in the side. Then Cheteshwar Pujara will look to play some impressive knocks against Bangladesh to prove the selectors his worth in the limited over format.
In the middle order, Ambati Rayudu will also fight for his place.
Among the bowlers, Umesh Yadav, Mohit Sharma and Amit Mishra will try to hog the limelight against Bangladesh, who might give the visitors a tough fight while playing at their home soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...