India A strike late to peg Windies A to 264/5
Mysore: A 172-run partnership for the second wicket between opener Kraigg Brathwaite (92, 12x4) and skipper Kirk Edwards (91, 5x4) propped up the West Indies A first innings as India A fought back with a couple of wickets late in the day to peg the visitors to 264/5 at stumps on the first day of the four-day game here Wednesday.
The Caribbean side, asked to bat first, were sitting pretty at 175/1 with both Brathwaite and Edwards looking set for centuries. However, India A hit back as off-spinner Parvez Rasool took two wickets, including that of Brathwaite, while seamer Ishwar Pandey bowled Edwards to share the day’s honours.
Brief scores: West Indies A (First innings) 264/5 in 90 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 92, Kirk Edwards 91, Narsingh Deonaraine 28, Chadwik Walton 26 batting; Parvez Rassol 2/60) vs India A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested