India A strike late to peg Windies A to 264/5
Mysore: A 172-run partnership for the second wicket between opener Kraigg Brathwaite (92, 12x4) and skipper Kirk Edwards (91, 5x4) propped up the West Indies A first innings as India A fought back with a couple of wickets late in the day to peg the visitors to 264/5 at stumps on the first day of the four-day game here Wednesday.
The Caribbean side, asked to bat first, were sitting pretty at 175/1 with both Brathwaite and Edwards looking set for centuries. However, India A hit back as off-spinner Parvez Rasool took two wickets, including that of Brathwaite, while seamer Ishwar Pandey bowled Edwards to share the day’s honours.
Brief scores: West Indies A (First innings) 264/5 in 90 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 92, Kirk Edwards 91, Narsingh Deonaraine 28, Chadwik Walton 26 batting; Parvez Rassol 2/60) vs India A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!