India A strike late to peg Windies A to 264/5
Mysore: A 172-run partnership for the second wicket between opener Kraigg Brathwaite (92, 12x4) and skipper Kirk Edwards (91, 5x4) propped up the West Indies A first innings as India A fought back with a couple of wickets late in the day to peg the visitors to 264/5 at stumps on the first day of the four-day game here Wednesday.
The Caribbean side, asked to bat first, were sitting pretty at 175/1 with both Brathwaite and Edwards looking set for centuries. However, India A hit back as off-spinner Parvez Rasool took two wickets, including that of Brathwaite, while seamer Ishwar Pandey bowled Edwards to share the day’s honours.
Brief scores: West Indies A (First innings) 264/5 in 90 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 92, Kirk Edwards 91, Narsingh Deonaraine 28, Chadwik Walton 26 batting; Parvez Rassol 2/60) vs India A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail