India A strike late to peg Windies A to 264/5
Mysore: A 172-run partnership for the second wicket between opener Kraigg Brathwaite (92, 12x4) and skipper Kirk Edwards (91, 5x4) propped up the West Indies A first innings as India A fought back with a couple of wickets late in the day to peg the visitors to 264/5 at stumps on the first day of the four-day game here Wednesday.
The Caribbean side, asked to bat first, were sitting pretty at 175/1 with both Brathwaite and Edwards looking set for centuries. However, India A hit back as off-spinner Parvez Rasool took two wickets, including that of Brathwaite, while seamer Ishwar Pandey bowled Edwards to share the day’s honours.
Brief scores: West Indies A (First innings) 264/5 in 90 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 92, Kirk Edwards 91, Narsingh Deonaraine 28, Chadwik Walton 26 batting; Parvez Rassol 2/60) vs India A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign