India A strike late to peg Windies A to 264/5
Mysore: A 172-run partnership for the second wicket between opener Kraigg Brathwaite (92, 12x4) and skipper Kirk Edwards (91, 5x4) propped up the West Indies A first innings as India A fought back with a couple of wickets late in the day to peg the visitors to 264/5 at stumps on the first day of the four-day game here Wednesday.
The Caribbean side, asked to bat first, were sitting pretty at 175/1 with both Brathwaite and Edwards looking set for centuries. However, India A hit back as off-spinner Parvez Rasool took two wickets, including that of Brathwaite, while seamer Ishwar Pandey bowled Edwards to share the day’s honours.
Brief scores: West Indies A (First innings) 264/5 in 90 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 92, Kirk Edwards 91, Narsingh Deonaraine 28, Chadwik Walton 26 batting; Parvez Rassol 2/60) vs India A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!