India `A` struggling at 136/4 on day one against NZ `A`
Lincoln (New Zealand): India `A` squandered a strong start by their openers to hand the initiative to New Zealand `A` as they were struggling at 136 for four at the end of the rain-affected opening day of the first unofficial Test on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat, Unmukt Chand (54) and captain Abhinav Mukund (42) gave India a solid start, scoring 50 runs in just 10.5 overs while adding 82 runs for the first wicket before the latter was dismissed towards the lunch break.
One-down Anustup Majumdar lasted just five balls for his four but Chand, who captained India to Under-19 World Cup triumph recently, held on firmly to carry India to 109 for two at the lunch break.
However, Chand fell soon after reaching his half-century and New Zealand struck once again in the form of Manandeep Singh`s (20) wicket to reduce India to 136 for four before bad light stopped play.
Chand faced 93 balls for his 54 and hit nine fours. His 50 came from 90 balls.
Rain followed soon and no further play was possible as the first day saw just 36.4 overs being bowled.
At the end of first day of the four-day match, Ambati Rayudu was batting on nine, while Ashok Menaria was yet to open his account.
For New Zealand, Andy McKay, Brent Arnel, Sam Wells and Tarun Nethula took a wicket apiece.
India A: 136 for 4 in 36.4 overs (Unmukt Chand 54, Abhinav Mukund 42; Tarun Nethula 1/21).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow