India A vs West India A Scorecard: 1st Unofficial Test, Day 1
Zee Media Bureau
WEST INDIES A Over: 90 II Score: 264/5
90 overs have been bowled and West Indies A with a run rate of 2.93 have managed 264 at the loss of five wickets. Brathwaite was the third wicket to fall after being caught by wicketkeeper Motwani off Parvez Rasool. Deonarine also fell to Rasool after scoring 28. Leon Johnson became Rajat Paliwal’s first victim after being trapped in front.
Over: 67 II Score: 207/2
Kirk Edwards missed out on a century by nine runs as he was bowled by Ishwar Pandey off the fifth delivery of the 58th over. He scored 91 (162b, 4X11, 6X1). That partnership between Edwards and Brathwaite for second wicket was worth 172 runs. Narsingh Deonarine came in to replace him at no. 4.
Over: 27 II Score: 58/1
LUNCH West Indies A are off to a slow start in the first unofficial Test against India A on day 1 after losing he wicket Kieran Powell early in their innings. Powell was trapped in front by Shami Ahmed. He was out for a duck. Following his dismissal, the pair of Kirk Edwards and Kraigg Brathwaite has added 55 runs for the second wicket. Brathwaite has so far added 33* (91b, 4X4) to this total while Edwards is unbeaten on 23* (66b, 4X2).
TOSS: India A won the toss and elected to field first.
Led by an in-form Cheteshwar Pujara, India A would eye revenge for the ODI series loss when they take on a confident West Indies A in the unofficial three-Test series starting here from Wednesday.
Saurashtra run-machine Pujara has had a good series with the bat against South Africa A and will look to carry his form into the Test series beginning at the Gangotri Glades here.
Pujara has been making headlines constantly with big scores at the international level and did not miss an opportunity to score a scintillating century in the previous unofficial Test series against South Africa A in their backyard.
The Saurashtrian followed it up with 54 as an opener in the first innings of the second unofficial Test and showed he was ready for the upcoming West Indies series.
India A: Cheteshwar Pujara (c), Jiwanjot Singh, K L Rahul, Manpreet Juneja, Rajat Paliwal, Harshad Khadiwale, Parvez Rasool, Bhargav Bhatt, Ishwar Chand Pandey, Mohammed Shami, Ashoke Dinda, Rohit Motwani (wicketkeeper), Dhawal Kulkarni and Paras Dogra.
West Indies A: Kirk Edwards (c), Kieran Powell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Miguel Cummins, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Jahmar Hamilton, Delorn Johnson, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Veerasammy Permaul, Shane Shillingford, Chadwick Walton.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!