India and West Indies cricket teams arrive
Bhubaneswar: The cricket teams of India and the West Indies arrived on Sunday to play the first one-day International (ODI) at the Barabati stadium at Cuttack on November 29.
The team members and officials were accorded a rousing welcome by officials of Orissa Cricket Association (OCA) at the Biju Patnaik airport after they alighted from a chartered flight.
The players were immediately taken to the team hotel in Nayapalli area amid tight security with commondos of elite Special Operation Group (SOG) and personnel of Odisha police escorting the buses, carrying the teams.
India team arrived from Mumbai sans its captain Virender Sehwag, dashing opener Gautam Gambhir and Suresh Raina.
The entire area in front of the hotel reverberated with shrill sounds of conch shells, drums and cymbals with the team members being welcomed with `Hulahuli" and garlands on their arrival even as scores of ecstatic people thronged to have a glimpse of cricket stars.
Meanwhile, elaborate security arrangements were made in the airport and in and around the hotel besides the route in between to ward off any threat to the teams, a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now
- Indian Premier League overdose? This is what BCCI intends to do in September
- 'CashEnglish' app rewards users with real cash
- Oh boy! Some cool tips for men's styling
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said