India, Australia practice in afternoon
Margao: The Indian and Australian cricket teams had an afternoon practice session at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here after persistent rains forced cancellation of the scheduled morning sessions ahead of tomorrow’s third and final one-dayer here.
It rained consistently last night before stopping early in the morning.
However, it starting pouring again around 9:00 am, forcing the groundsmen to put the covers on the pitch at stadium.
The rains also forced the two teams’ players indoors before they let up in the afternoon. Both the teams took advantage of the clear weather and did some much-needed practice.
Australia need to win tomorrow’s match to square the three-match series.
India had won the second match in Visakhapatnam to take a 1-0 lead while the first match was abandoned without a ball being bowled due to rains in Kochi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?