India, Australia practice in afternoon
Margao: The Indian and Australian cricket teams had an afternoon practice session at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here after persistent rains forced cancellation of the scheduled morning sessions ahead of tomorrow’s third and final one-dayer here.
It rained consistently last night before stopping early in the morning.
However, it starting pouring again around 9:00 am, forcing the groundsmen to put the covers on the pitch at stadium.
The rains also forced the two teams’ players indoors before they let up in the afternoon. Both the teams took advantage of the clear weather and did some much-needed practice.
Australia need to win tomorrow’s match to square the three-match series.
India had won the second match in Visakhapatnam to take a 1-0 lead while the first match was abandoned without a ball being bowled due to rains in Kochi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption