India get USD 265,000 for finishing third ranked Test side
Dubai: India today received a cheque of USD 265,000 for finishing third, while South Africa pocketed USD 475,000 for claiming the top position in the ICC Test Team Rankings at the April 1 cut-off date.
While South Africa finished as the number one team, Australia claimed the second position and won USD 370,000. England, meanwhile, received USD 160,000 for finishing fourth.
South Africa have been holding the number one Test spot since August 2012, and is the fourth side, after Australia, India and England to achieve this distinction.
ICC Chief Executive David Richardson presented the cheque to his Cricket South Africa (CSA) counterpart Haroon Lorgat, who received it on behalf of the side that topped the Test rankings for the second successive year.
South Africa also retain the mace, which is presented to the number-one ranked Test side.
Richardson praised the South African team for its achievement.
"I congratulate South Africa for topping the rankings for the second successive year in our pinnacle format. To retain the top Test spot in a season that saw some very interesting, competitive and high-profile series is an achievement to be proud of.
"With the top eight Test sides closely matched, and every side aiming to claim the coveted number-one Test position, I`m looking forward to another exciting, challenging and competitive season, which will go on to strengthen Test cricket`s reputation as the most enduring and respected format," Richardson said.
Lorgat said: "I am truly honoured and humbled to receive the Reliance ICC Test prize money, not just on behalf of the players and the team management but on behalf of all South Africans. The players appreciate the enormous privilege of representing our country and taking on the responsibility that goes with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt