India have the ability to bounce back: Kirsten
New Delhi: Former India coach Gary Kirsten was surprised at the disappointing show of Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men in the recent tour of England, which saw them lose the world number one Test spot, but said they are good enough to bounce back.
In what turned out to be a disastrous tour for India, they were blanked 0-4 in the four-match Test series, while lost 0-3 in the five-match ODI series by England.
England are now in India for five-match one-day contest, which begins on October 14 in Hyderabad.
"It has surprised me. The injuries haven`t helped. For me, they`re a good enough cricket team that they can come back. It has been a disappointment. They probably lost a bit of momentum," Kirsten said.
"It`s been a little bit sad to watch them not play well because there was much anticipation around that series in England.”
"Also with Duncan (Fletcher) coming in as new coach and he`s just been there for a couple of months, he needs to stamp his mark about what he`s going to do. I guess it was always going to be a difficult time upfront," Kirsten, who is now the coach of South Africa, was quoted as saying.
Kirsten praised England for their performance, saying they were the much better side than India during the English summer.
"England are a quality cricket team. They are well coached, have a good structure, good people, they have stability in their team and are putting India under pressure. I don`t think they`d been put under pressure (by India) in the whole series."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA