India have the ability to bounce back: Kirsten
New Delhi: Former India coach Gary Kirsten was surprised at the disappointing show of Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men in the recent tour of England, which saw them lose the world number one Test spot, but said they are good enough to bounce back.
In what turned out to be a disastrous tour for India, they were blanked 0-4 in the four-match Test series, while lost 0-3 in the five-match ODI series by England.
England are now in India for five-match one-day contest, which begins on October 14 in Hyderabad.
"It has surprised me. The injuries haven`t helped. For me, they`re a good enough cricket team that they can come back. It has been a disappointment. They probably lost a bit of momentum," Kirsten said.
"It`s been a little bit sad to watch them not play well because there was much anticipation around that series in England.”
"Also with Duncan (Fletcher) coming in as new coach and he`s just been there for a couple of months, he needs to stamp his mark about what he`s going to do. I guess it was always going to be a difficult time upfront," Kirsten, who is now the coach of South Africa, was quoted as saying.
Kirsten praised England for their performance, saying they were the much better side than India during the English summer.
"England are a quality cricket team. They are well coached, have a good structure, good people, they have stability in their team and are putting India under pressure. I don`t think they`d been put under pressure (by India) in the whole series."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof