India jump to 3rd in ODI rankings after 5-0 whitewash of Eng
Kolkata: A clinical India jumped two positions to third spot in the Reliance ICC ODI Championship table after its 5-0 series whitewash of England with a 95-run victory in the fifth and final match on Tuesdsay.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s side had started the series in fifth position on 112 ratings points and after winning all the five ODIs, it has moved into third position on 118 ratings points.
Alastair Cook`s side, on the other hand, slipped from fourth position to fifth after dropping from 112 ratings points to 106. It now leads sixth-placed Pakistan by just five ratings points whose five-ODI series against Sri Lanka starts in Dubai on November 11.
However, India will slip to fourth if South Africa wins the third and last ODI against Australia in Durban on Friday.
A South Africa win will put Hashim Amla`s side in second place on 120 ratings points, one ratings point ahead of India, while in case of Australia`s victory the Proteas will stay in fourth position but will drop to 115 ratings points.
Meanwhile, Zimbabwe`s historic victory over New Zealand in Bulawayo has earned it three ratings points.
Zimbabwe, which successfully chased a 329-run target to win by one wicket, has moved up to 47 ratings points.
On the contrary, New Zealand has dropped three ratings points and is now on 87 ratings points, nine ratings points ahead the West Indies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory