India jump to 3rd in ODI rankings after 5-0 whitewash of Eng
Kolkata: A clinical India jumped two positions to third spot in the Reliance ICC ODI Championship table after its 5-0 series whitewash of England with a 95-run victory in the fifth and final match on Tuesdsay.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s side had started the series in fifth position on 112 ratings points and after winning all the five ODIs, it has moved into third position on 118 ratings points.
Alastair Cook`s side, on the other hand, slipped from fourth position to fifth after dropping from 112 ratings points to 106. It now leads sixth-placed Pakistan by just five ratings points whose five-ODI series against Sri Lanka starts in Dubai on November 11.
However, India will slip to fourth if South Africa wins the third and last ODI against Australia in Durban on Friday.
A South Africa win will put Hashim Amla`s side in second place on 120 ratings points, one ratings point ahead of India, while in case of Australia`s victory the Proteas will stay in fourth position but will drop to 115 ratings points.
Meanwhile, Zimbabwe`s historic victory over New Zealand in Bulawayo has earned it three ratings points.
Zimbabwe, which successfully chased a 329-run target to win by one wicket, has moved up to 47 ratings points.
On the contrary, New Zealand has dropped three ratings points and is now on 87 ratings points, nine ratings points ahead the West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez