India keen to win T20 WC and complete a unique feat: Dhoni
Dubai: Having pocketed the 50-over World Cup and Champions Trophy, India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has said his team will be looking to lift the ICC World T20 title next year in Bangladesh in order to complete a unique feat.
"It`s personally quite exciting for me as a captain, as I look forward to leading India`s quest to reclaim the ICC World Twenty20 title," Dhoni said.
"If India manages to snare this coveted trophy, it will complete a unique feat as it already holds the ICC Cricket World Cup and ICC Champions Trophy," he added.
The 100-day countdown clock to the World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 was unveiled last evening in the three host cities at South Plaza Gate, National Parliament House (Dhaka), Chittagong`s Circuit House Circle, MA Aziz Stadium and Sylhet`s Keane Bridge (Surma River).
Dhoni said, India would have an upper hand in Bangladesh as they were familiar with the conditions there.
"We are familiar with the conditions in Bangladesh and I`m sure they will suit our style of play," he insisted.
India will lock horns with Pakistan in their tournament openers on March 21 in Dhaka.
Stating that he could hardly wait for the tournament to start, Dhoni said, "So with just 100 days to go to the ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014, we can barely wait for the start of the event, and look forward to producing our best performances against some of the best sides in the world."
Pakistan T20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez hoped his teammates will be on target from the very first ball as their opening match is against arch-rivals India.
"Our group is an interesting one, and includes defending champions the West Indies, former winner India, Australia as well as the side that tops Group A from the first round.
"And when the tournament opener is against India, then you`ve got to be on top of your game from the very first ball," Hafeez said.
The first round matches will begin on March 16 with the opener between Bangladesh and Afghanistan. The semi-finals will be played on April 3 and 4, and the final on April 6. The women`s event will feature 10 teams and Australia will attempt to complete a hat-trick of titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- KSEEB 2nd (II) PUC Results 2016 Karnataka Board: Kseeb.kar.nic.in & karresults.nic.in for Class 12th XII, Second PUC Exam Results 2016 Karnataka Board, KSEEB to be declared shortly
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months