India leapfrogs England into 4th position in ODI ranking table
New Delhi: The 2-0 lead in the ongoing five-match series against England has helped India claim the fourth position in the ICC ODI rankings and it can cling to the spot by securing one more win.
England had started the series in fourth position on 113 ratings points but has now slipped to 110 whereas India has jumped from 112 to 115 points.
India just needs to win one more match to not only secure the series but also the number-four position. If it clinches a 5-0 series win and South Africa loses its opening two matches against Australia, India could even rise to third place in the table, just one rating point behind second-placed Sri Lanka.
However, England can still finish in the pre-series fourth position, provided it wins the remaining three matches in the series, the ICC said in a statement.
India take on England in the third ODI in Mohali on Thursday.
In the rankings for ODI batsmen, Virat Kohli has climbed five places to fourth position after scores of 37 and 112 not out in Hyderabad and New Delhi, respectively.
Gautam Gambhir has also improved his ranking and now jointly shares the 11th position with Jacques Kallis after scores of 32 and 84 not out.
The batting table is still headed by South Africa captain Hashim Amla while an injured AB de Villiers is second and Australia`s Shane Watson is third.
In the Rankings for ODI bowlers, England`s Graeme Swann continues to lead the table with New Zealand`s Daniel Vettori second.
Indian off-spinner R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja have also gained valuable spots. Ashwin is now in 36th position after rising five places while Jadeja has climbed six places to 38th spot. India`s fast bowler Praveen Kumar has also returned to the top 20 in 20th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door