India maintain number three spot; Kohli slips to sixth
Dubai: India managed to retains its number three position among T20 teams, while Virat Kohli has slipped a position to sixth in the ICC rankings for Twenty20 batsmen issued today.
India are placed at third with 119 points in the team rankings, which was being led by reigning T20 champions Sri Lanka followed by the West Indies.
Sri Lanka, with 131 points, have further consolidated its number one position following its 2-0 series win over hosts Australia, who are placed seventh in the chart.
Meanwhile, star India batsman Kohli has dropped a rung to the sixth spot in the T20 batsmen list with 731 points. Suresh Raina also slipped a position to the ninth place.
Other Indians in the top-20 list includes Yuvraj Singh (13) and opener Gautam Gambhir at the 17 position.
New Zealand wicketkeeper Brendon McCullum leads the T20 batting chart with 794 points, followed by destructive West Indian opener Chris Gayle (792), Sri Lanka`s Mahela Jayawardene (768) and Australia`s Shane Watson (767).
In the T20 bowlers category, off-spinner Ravichandran Ashiwin, ranked 16, is the only Indian to have found out a place in the top-20 list.
Pakistan`s Saeed Ajmal leads the bowlers` table with 756 points followed by Ajantha Mendis of Sri Lanka (731) and England`s Graeme Swann (720).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why