India ODI team to leave for New Zealand on January 12
Mumbai: India One-day squad is all set to leave for the tour of New Zealand, where it will play a five-match series against the hosts from January 19, a week in advance in order to get acclimatised to the weather and pitch conditions there.
"The team (which was picked today) is to leave on January 12," a Cricket Board source informed PTI.
The first ODI is scheduled at the McLean Park, Napier on January 19 followed by matches on January 22 (Seddon Park, Hamilton), January 25 (Eden Park, Auckland), January 28 (Seddon Park, Hamilton) and January 31 (Westpac Stadium, Wellington).
The Board has also decided to send the Test specialists -- Zaheer Khan, Cheteshwar Pujara and Murali Vijay -- who are not a part of the ODI squad a week later, so that even they could get acclimatised to the local conditions ahead of the start of the two-Test rubber from February 6 at Eden Park, Auckland.
"Some players of the Test (team) are travelling after a week or so," Sanjay Patel, secretary of BCCI, said.
Indian team will play a two-day warm-up game at the Cobham Oval, Whangarei, on February 2-3 ahead of their opening Test.
The second and final Test is scheduled from February 14-18 at Hawkins Basin Reserve, Wellington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen