India one run away from becoming highest run scoring team in ODI history
New Delhi: When the Indian team scores the first run on December 5 against South Africa in the first One-dayer in Johannesburg, it will become the highest-run scoring team in the 50-over format of the game.
India and Australia are currently levelled on 1,82,881 runs from 841 (a world record) and 825 matches respectively. Australia though have far better winning percentage, having won 505 matches as against 423 of India. Pakistan are at the third spot among countries which have scored most ODI runs with 1,71,982 from 807 matches, followed by Sri Lanka on 146365 and the West Indies on 145260.
India are likely to remain on top for some time as they play five ODIs against New Zealand after the three-match South Africa series. Australia, on the other hand, play five ODIs against England after the Ashes series.
During the South Africa tour, Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is also expected to reach two personal milestones. He can become the Indian captain with highest ODI runs while leading the side. The record of most ODI wins by an Indian captain may also be his.
Dhoni has so far scored 5213 runs from 151 matches as captain and he is just 26 runs behind Mohammed Azharuddin who has 5239 runs from 174 ODIs as skipper. If India sweep the three-match ODI series against South Africa, then Dhoni will also go past Azharuddin as the India captain who has won most number of ODI matches under his charge. Under Azharuddin`s captaincy, India won 90 matches as against 88 under Dhoni`s skippership so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!