India, Pakistan in semifinals of T20 World Cup for Blind
Bangalore: India produced an all-round performance to crush South Africa by 288 runs and enter the semifinals of the Twenty20 World Cup for the Blind along with arch-rival Pakistan here on Monday.
Electing to bat after winning the toss, India`s top-order batsmen, Ganesh Bushara (80 off 31 balls), Dunna Venkatesh (79 off 31) and Hitesh Bhai Patel (72 off 26) did the bulk of scoring for the hosts who notched up a mammoth 355.
Chasing 356, all the South African batsmen, barring Lawrence Ruthven, failed to reach double digits, as Indian captain Shekar Naik (3 for 13) and vice-captain Ajay Kumar Reddy (2 for 14) did most of the damage with the ball.
India will play Sri Lanka in the second play-off on Wednesday.
In another match, Pakistan roared into semi-finals in style, hammering Nepal by 10 wickets at the Aditya Global Sports Ground.
Pakistan will play England in the first play-off in the on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof