India, Pakistan in semifinals of T20 World Cup for Blind
Bangalore: India produced an all-round performance to crush South Africa by 288 runs and enter the semifinals of the Twenty20 World Cup for the Blind along with arch-rival Pakistan here on Monday.
Electing to bat after winning the toss, India`s top-order batsmen, Ganesh Bushara (80 off 31 balls), Dunna Venkatesh (79 off 31) and Hitesh Bhai Patel (72 off 26) did the bulk of scoring for the hosts who notched up a mammoth 355.
Chasing 356, all the South African batsmen, barring Lawrence Ruthven, failed to reach double digits, as Indian captain Shekar Naik (3 for 13) and vice-captain Ajay Kumar Reddy (2 for 14) did most of the damage with the ball.
India will play Sri Lanka in the second play-off on Wednesday.
In another match, Pakistan roared into semi-finals in style, hammering Nepal by 10 wickets at the Aditya Global Sports Ground.
Pakistan will play England in the first play-off in the on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi