India, Pakistan in semifinals of T20 World Cup for Blind
Bangalore: India produced an all-round performance to crush South Africa by 288 runs and enter the semifinals of the Twenty20 World Cup for the Blind along with arch-rival Pakistan here on Monday.
Electing to bat after winning the toss, India`s top-order batsmen, Ganesh Bushara (80 off 31 balls), Dunna Venkatesh (79 off 31) and Hitesh Bhai Patel (72 off 26) did the bulk of scoring for the hosts who notched up a mammoth 355.
Chasing 356, all the South African batsmen, barring Lawrence Ruthven, failed to reach double digits, as Indian captain Shekar Naik (3 for 13) and vice-captain Ajay Kumar Reddy (2 for 14) did most of the damage with the ball.
India will play Sri Lanka in the second play-off on Wednesday.
In another match, Pakistan roared into semi-finals in style, hammering Nepal by 10 wickets at the Aditya Global Sports Ground.
Pakistan will play England in the first play-off in the on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?