India, Pakistan in semifinals of T20 World Cup for Blind
Bangalore: India produced an all-round performance to crush South Africa by 288 runs and enter the semifinals of the Twenty20 World Cup for the Blind along with arch-rival Pakistan here on Monday.
Electing to bat after winning the toss, India`s top-order batsmen, Ganesh Bushara (80 off 31 balls), Dunna Venkatesh (79 off 31) and Hitesh Bhai Patel (72 off 26) did the bulk of scoring for the hosts who notched up a mammoth 355.
Chasing 356, all the South African batsmen, barring Lawrence Ruthven, failed to reach double digits, as Indian captain Shekar Naik (3 for 13) and vice-captain Ajay Kumar Reddy (2 for 14) did most of the damage with the ball.
India will play Sri Lanka in the second play-off on Wednesday.
In another match, Pakistan roared into semi-finals in style, hammering Nepal by 10 wickets at the Aditya Global Sports Ground.
Pakistan will play England in the first play-off in the on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter