India remain fourth in ICC Test rankings
Dubai: India remained fourth even as England took an outright lead as the number one team after claiming the three-match Test series against the West Indies 2-0 in the latest ICC Test Championship table.
England (117) now lead second-placed South Africa (116) by one ratings point, while Australia are placed at No. 3 with 112 points and India are down at number four with 111 points.
If England had managed to win the third and final Test against the West Indies, which had ended in a draw at Edgbaston yesterday, they could have extended their lead by a further two ratings points.
Meanwhile, West Indies` Shivnarine Chanderpaul, who did not play the final Test, continues to top the batting chart, while his teammate Denesh Ramdin has move up 20 places to 68th in the rankings for Test batsmen, thanks to his unbeaten knock of 107 in the third and final Test against England.
Sachin Tendulkar (No. 12) is the lone Indian to figure in the top-20 Test batsmen`s list.
The Test bowlers` table is headed by South Africa`s Dale Steyn with India`s Zaheer Khan and Pragyan Ojha occupying 12th and 20th positions, respectively.
The ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders is still headed by Bangladesh`s Shakib Al Hasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read