India retain No. 3 spot in ICC T20 rankings, Kohli placed 6th
Dubai: India managed to retain their third rank among T20 teams, while Virat Kohli has held on to his sixth spot in the ICC rankings for Twenty20 batsmen issued today.
India placed at third with 119 points in the ICC T20 Championship table, is headed by reigning T20 champions Sri Lanka followed by the West Indies.
Sri Lanka are the clear leaders with 131 ratings points, nine ratings points ahead of second-placed ICC World Twenty20 2012 champion West Indies.
Meanwhile, even the Indian batsmen figuring in top-20 list have also managed to cling on to their respective positions.
Star India batsman Kohli has retained 731 points, while Suresh Raina remains at ninth place with 719 points.
Other Indians in the list includes Yuvraj Singh (13) and opener Gautam Gambhir at the 17 position.
New Zealand wicketkeeper Brendon McCullum leads the T20 batting chart with 794 points, followed by destructive West Indian opener Chris Gayle (792), Sri Lanka`s Mahela Jayawardene (768) and Australia`s Shane Watson (767).
In the T20 bowlers category, off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, ranked 16, is the only Indian to have found out a place in the top-20 list.
Pakistan`s Saeed Ajmal leads the bowlers` table with 756 points followed by Ajantha Mendis of Sri Lanka (731) and England`s Graeme Swann (720).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui