India retain top position in ODI rankings
Dubai: India retained the top spot in the latest ICC ODI Championship table released here today, while Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina slipped in the Twenty20 batting charts.
Kohli slipped two places to be placed eighth, followed by Raina at ninth. Yuvraj Singh was at 14th after a fall of one place while Gautam Gambhir was down at 17th.
In the T20 bowling chart, Ravichandran Ashwin, the only Indian in the list, slipped two places to be positioned 18th.
In the all-rounder`s list, Yuvraj Singh retained the third position with 337 points.
In the team rankings for ODI, topper India have 119 points, followed by England and Australia.
England have an opportunity to reclaim the number-one ranking on the ODI Championship table when they take on New Zealand in a three-match series that commences in Hamilton from tomorrow.
England are on equal points with India (119 ratings points) but are ranked behind the world champions as ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point.
If England win all three matches, they will reclaim the number-one ranking.
In the T20 rankings, England`s Alex Hales and Steven Finn, along with West Indies` Sunil Narine, have achieved career-best rankings in the latest list.
The latest rankings were released at the completion of England`s 2-1 series win over hosts New Zealand yesterday and West Indies` win over Australia in the one-off match.
While Hales has jumped nine places to a career-best fifth in the rankings for T20I batsmen, Sunil Narine has leaped six places to a best-ever third and Steven Finn has moved up 20 places to a career-best sixth in the rankings for T20 bowlers.
Also making an upward movement within the top 10 batters is New Zealand`s Martin Guptill, who has moved up five places, to join former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene in third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley