India`s tour of Zimbabwe put `on hold`
New Delhi: Indian cricket team`s upcoming tour of Zimbabwe, earlier scheduled to be held in July, has been put "on hold" due to "fatigue factor".
The tour was supposed to follow the Champions Trophy in England and a tri-series in the West Indies from June 28 to July 11.
The tour has been put on hold due to "fatigue factor", a BCCI official was quoted as saying by `ESPNcricinfo`.
The ICC`s Future Tours Programme had scheduled three ODIs to be hosted in Zimbabwe and there was also talk of that being extended to five.
The BCCI has assured that it will "respect" its commitment to Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) and intends to visit there at some stage, though it has not set any time frame yet.
However, both ZC and broadcasters SuperSport are unaware of the proposed postponement, according to the report .
The postponement is expected to have wide-ranging consequences for Zimbabwean cricket, most notably financially.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city