India to begin Proteas tour with T20 internationals
Islamabad: India will begin their tour of South Africa later this year by playing Twenty20 internationals against the hosts, which will be followed by 50-over internationals and a three-Test series, according to the schedule of the matches released by Cricket South Africa (CSA).
According to the CSA schedule, India will start their tour with a T20 tour match against a South African Invitation XI on November 18 to gear up for the two-match Twenty20 international series slated for November 21 and 24.
The report further said that the tourists would then play in best-of-seven ODI games, to be held between November 27 and December 15, prior to engaging the hosts in a three-Test series from December 26 this year to January 19, 2014, adding that India will play two two-day warm-up games before the Test series.
Stating that it promises to be a summer of `hotly` contested international cricket, CSA Acting CEO Naasei Appiah said that India is the current champions of 50-overs cricket and also had briefly held the No. 1 ranking in Test cricket as well, adding that Indian players have always been very popular in South Africa.
Noting that Indian maestro Sachin Tendulkar has currently played 198 Test matches in the country, Appiah also said that it would be wonderful for his 200th Test match to be in front of a packed New Year`s crowd at Sahara Park Newlands.
South Africa will take on Australia in a three-Test series after the conclusion of the Indian tour, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj