India to face Pakistan in ICC U19 World Cup opener
Islamabad: India will open their ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup campaign against two-time winners Pakistan at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium (DICS) on February 15, according to reports.
According to The Nation, the tournament will be staged across seven venues in the UAE from February 14 to March 1 and will also be participated in by Afghanistan, Canada, Namibia, Papua New Guinea, Scotland and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), besides the 10 Full Members.
India, which also won the tournament under M Kaif and Virat Kohli in 2000 and 2008, respectively, defeated Pakistan by one-wicket in an enthralling semifinal before going on to beat Australia by six wickets in the 2012 final in Townsville, Australia, the report said.
In the 2010 event in New Zealand, Pakistan beat India in a last-ball thriller in the quarterfinal in Lincoln, the report added.
The two sides also met in the final of the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2006 in Colombo where Pakistan defended a modest total of 110 to win by 39 runs, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL