India to face Pakistan in ICC U19 World Cup opener
Islamabad: India will open their ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup campaign against two-time winners Pakistan at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium (DICS) on February 15, according to reports.
According to The Nation, the tournament will be staged across seven venues in the UAE from February 14 to March 1 and will also be participated in by Afghanistan, Canada, Namibia, Papua New Guinea, Scotland and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), besides the 10 Full Members.
India, which also won the tournament under M Kaif and Virat Kohli in 2000 and 2008, respectively, defeated Pakistan by one-wicket in an enthralling semifinal before going on to beat Australia by six wickets in the 2012 final in Townsville, Australia, the report said.
In the 2010 event in New Zealand, Pakistan beat India in a last-ball thriller in the quarterfinal in Lincoln, the report added.
The two sides also met in the final of the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2006 in Colombo where Pakistan defended a modest total of 110 to win by 39 runs, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video