India to face Pakistan in U-19 Asia Cup final
Kuala Lumpur: Captain Unmukt Chand (116) slammed a sparkling century as India spanked Sri Lanka by six wickets to storm into the final of the Under-19 Asia Cup cricket tournament here on Friday.
Chand, who opened with Manan Vohra (17), led from the front with a strokeful innings as India chased down the target of 245 with 2.5 overs to spare at the Kinrara Academy Oval here.
India will now take on Pakistan in the final on Sunday.
The bedrock of India`s run chase was a steady third-wicket partnership of 105 between Chand and Vijay Zol (54). Chand faced 141 balls and hit 11 fours and a six during his innings.
Chand was the last man out in the 47th over but by then he had taken India to the threshold of victory at 239 for four.
Akshdeep Nath (15 not out) and Sanju Samson (5 not out) then took India to 247 for four in 47.1 overs with the latter ending the run chase with a four.
Zol consumed 71 balls for his 54 and hit six fours before he was out in the 39th over.
For Sri Lanka, Tharindu Kaushal took two wickets for 20 runs while Sanitha del Mel and Lahiru Madushanka got one apiece.
Earlier, opting to bat, Sri Lanka never really had a grip on the game with the Indian bowlers keeping them in check.
Sri Lanka lost wickets at regular intervals and only could go close to the 250-run mark, thanks to a 103-run fifth-wicket stand between Sandun Weerakkody (73) and Niroshan Dickwella (66).
Off-spinner Baba Aparajith and left-arm spinner Harmeet Singh grabbed two wickets apiece for India while Vikas Mehra and Sandeep Sharma took one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof