India to face Pakistan in U-19 Asia Cup final
Kuala Lumpur: Captain Unmukt Chand (116) slammed a sparkling century as India spanked Sri Lanka by six wickets to storm into the final of the Under-19 Asia Cup cricket tournament here on Friday.
Chand, who opened with Manan Vohra (17), led from the front with a strokeful innings as India chased down the target of 245 with 2.5 overs to spare at the Kinrara Academy Oval here.
India will now take on Pakistan in the final on Sunday.
The bedrock of India`s run chase was a steady third-wicket partnership of 105 between Chand and Vijay Zol (54). Chand faced 141 balls and hit 11 fours and a six during his innings.
Chand was the last man out in the 47th over but by then he had taken India to the threshold of victory at 239 for four.
Akshdeep Nath (15 not out) and Sanju Samson (5 not out) then took India to 247 for four in 47.1 overs with the latter ending the run chase with a four.
Zol consumed 71 balls for his 54 and hit six fours before he was out in the 39th over.
For Sri Lanka, Tharindu Kaushal took two wickets for 20 runs while Sanitha del Mel and Lahiru Madushanka got one apiece.
Earlier, opting to bat, Sri Lanka never really had a grip on the game with the Indian bowlers keeping them in check.
Sri Lanka lost wickets at regular intervals and only could go close to the 250-run mark, thanks to a 103-run fifth-wicket stand between Sandun Weerakkody (73) and Niroshan Dickwella (66).
Off-spinner Baba Aparajith and left-arm spinner Harmeet Singh grabbed two wickets apiece for India while Vikas Mehra and Sandeep Sharma took one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams