India to host Pakistan in December?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After endless meetings between the officials of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the chances for a few limited-overs matches between the two countries grew stronger.
According to a report in DNA, BCCI and PCB officials have found a vacant slot between December 23 and January 10 to squeeze in a few limited-overs matches to be played in India. It could be three limited-overs matches, or a couple of ODIs and a Twenty20 match, the report added.
The window for the series comes between the Twenty20 and ODI series between India and England. During this period, England, slated to tour India this winter, will have returned home for a short Christmas-New Year break. They are not slated to play an international till January 11 when the first ODI is scheduled. This vacant slot has been zeroed in by the BCCI managers. The Pakistan team will be free during December ahead of their away series against Zimbabwe in January. Apparently, the dates for that series can be adjusted.
“There’s a distinct possibility that we could have a few matches in December-January,” a top BCCI official was quoted by DNA.
However, the restoration of bilateral ties is subject to clearance by the government. Pakistan last toured India in December 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter