India to host Pakistan in December?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After endless meetings between the officials of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the chances for a few limited-overs matches between the two countries grew stronger.
According to a report in DNA, BCCI and PCB officials have found a vacant slot between December 23 and January 10 to squeeze in a few limited-overs matches to be played in India. It could be three limited-overs matches, or a couple of ODIs and a Twenty20 match, the report added.
The window for the series comes between the Twenty20 and ODI series between India and England. During this period, England, slated to tour India this winter, will have returned home for a short Christmas-New Year break. They are not slated to play an international till January 11 when the first ODI is scheduled. This vacant slot has been zeroed in by the BCCI managers. The Pakistan team will be free during December ahead of their away series against Zimbabwe in January. Apparently, the dates for that series can be adjusted.
“There’s a distinct possibility that we could have a few matches in December-January,” a top BCCI official was quoted by DNA.
However, the restoration of bilateral ties is subject to clearance by the government. Pakistan last toured India in December 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy