India to name squad for Australia Test series on Sunday
Mumbai: India is all set to announce its squad for the upcoming four-Test series against Australia when the All-India Senior Selection Committee meets at the Cricket Centre here on Sunday.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee will meet on Sunday, 10 February 2013, at the Cricket Centre, Mumbai, to pick the team for the AIRTEL Test series against Australia," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
"The team will undergo a preparatory camp at the NCA, Bengaluru, from 15 February 2013 to 18 February 2013."
The preparatory camp will also be a huge opportunity for the budding pacers as a selected few will get a chance to bowl to the Indian batsmen as part of Team India`s preparation for the Tests.
"The BCCI had conducted Open Trials for fast bowlers across the country, last year. The best bowlers were shortlisted and sent to the regional academies at Mumbai, Chennai and Mohali for advanced training," Jagdale said.
"This list was then trimmed further, on the basis of the feedback of the coaches at the academies.
"The bowlers in the final list will bowl to the Indian batsmen, during the preparatory camp."
India will play two warm up games, before starting the opening Test in Chennai from February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot