India to name squad for Australia Test series on Sunday
Mumbai: India is all set to announce its squad for the upcoming four-Test series against Australia when the All-India Senior Selection Committee meets at the Cricket Centre here on Sunday.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee will meet on Sunday, 10 February 2013, at the Cricket Centre, Mumbai, to pick the team for the AIRTEL Test series against Australia," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
"The team will undergo a preparatory camp at the NCA, Bengaluru, from 15 February 2013 to 18 February 2013."
The preparatory camp will also be a huge opportunity for the budding pacers as a selected few will get a chance to bowl to the Indian batsmen as part of Team India`s preparation for the Tests.
"The BCCI had conducted Open Trials for fast bowlers across the country, last year. The best bowlers were shortlisted and sent to the regional academies at Mumbai, Chennai and Mohali for advanced training," Jagdale said.
"This list was then trimmed further, on the basis of the feedback of the coaches at the academies.
"The bowlers in the final list will bowl to the Indian batsmen, during the preparatory camp."
India will play two warm up games, before starting the opening Test in Chennai from February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000