India to name squad for Australia Test series on Sunday
Mumbai: India is all set to announce its squad for the upcoming four-Test series against Australia when the All-India Senior Selection Committee meets at the Cricket Centre here on Sunday.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee will meet on Sunday, 10 February 2013, at the Cricket Centre, Mumbai, to pick the team for the AIRTEL Test series against Australia," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
"The team will undergo a preparatory camp at the NCA, Bengaluru, from 15 February 2013 to 18 February 2013."
The preparatory camp will also be a huge opportunity for the budding pacers as a selected few will get a chance to bowl to the Indian batsmen as part of Team India`s preparation for the Tests.
"The BCCI had conducted Open Trials for fast bowlers across the country, last year. The best bowlers were shortlisted and sent to the regional academies at Mumbai, Chennai and Mohali for advanced training," Jagdale said.
"This list was then trimmed further, on the basis of the feedback of the coaches at the academies.
"The bowlers in the final list will bowl to the Indian batsmen, during the preparatory camp."
India will play two warm up games, before starting the opening Test in Chennai from February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report