India visa in advance though Pak not playing GP stage there
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board has already applied for visas of their players to Indian High Commission for the Cricket World Cup in order to avoid any hassles later on though they are not playing in India in the group stage, sources said on wednesday.
Sources in the PCB told reporters that the Board had already completed all documentation and informed the Indian High Commission in Islamabad that it would require visas before the team`s departure for Bangladesh on February 10.
"After the issue of the three Pakistani players in the Canadian team facing problems in getting visas from the Indian authorities, the PCB has decided not take any chances at all," one source said.
He said as one quarterfinal is being scheduled in Ahmedabad and the second placed team of Group A has to play there, the PCB is planning out things in advance.
"There is every possibility that Pakistan might have to play its quarterfinal at Ahmedabad," the source said. The source said as soon as the Pakistan team returns from New Zealand on February 7 their passports would be sent for the visas to the Indian High Commission.
"So far, the Indian High Commission has given no indication that the Pakistan team might face problems getting visas to play in India but the PCB has decided to get visas stamped before the team leaves for the World Cup," the source added.
Bilateral cricket relations between Pakistan and India have remain suspended since November 2008 when the Mumbai terror attack took place. Pakistani players have not been allowed to play in the lucrative Indian Premier League since 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video