Can the Aussies put a fight against India without Michael Clarke?
Zee Media Bureau/Shashank Verma
New Delhi: The month of October will be a busy one for cricket lovers. India will host the Australian team for seven-match ODI series. The Kangaroos will have an eye on the series after they were humiliated 4-0 in the Test series earlier this year.
But it won’t be easy for them as they will miss their formidable skipper – Michael Clarke who has been ruled of the tour due to chronic back injury. In Clarke’s absence, the performance of the Aussies would be severely tested by Team India.
George Bailey will be seen leading the Australian team on the India tour. Though the Aussie squad includes many prominent players like Shane Watson, Glenn Maxwell, Aaron Finch et al, but the team will surely feel the absence of Clarke who has scored most of the runs for them of late.
Clarke has so far lead Australia very adequately and has given decent performances. Being the best batsman of the team, Clarke has always met the expectations. Professionally, Clarke has improved his image as one of the most reliable and consistent player in world cricket.
Facing their tough competitors, Aussies might find it difficult to cope up without their skilled leader. Clarke might have withdrawn from the series but this time the team has to work harder to save their reputation on the Indian soil. Although the team is ready for the series, but absence of their best player would be a matter of great concern.
On the other side, Team India has been further strengthened with the comeback of Yuvraj Singh and is eagerly waiting for yet another formidable show against the Aussies.
The absence of Clarke, would be bothering the Australian team management, but the fever of the series among the fans is no way going to be affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report