Do-or-die situation for India in last two ODIs against Australia
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Indian team would be under immense pressure when they come to play the sixth ODI of the seven-match series against Australia on Wednesday at Nagpur.
The visiting team is 2-1 up in the series, and there are just two matches left. It means if India have to continue their winning streak in the ODI series, they have no other option but to win both the remaining matches in the series. On the other hand, Australian team is just a win away to seal the series.
The cool and calm Indian skipper MS Dhoni always has a lot of tricks up his sleeves, but even then he has to make sure that his bowlers should deliver in the remaining matches of the series to turn the table in their favour.
Australian skipper, George Bailey who has proved his mettle in the series by scoring runs on every single occasion, will depend on his openers and middle-order other than his strike bowler Mitchell Johnson, to win at least one of the two remaining matches.
Last two matches of the series were abandoned due to rain. And now hosts would be under immense pressure to win both the matches to seal the series against a side that was underdogs before the start of the series. Now it’s time for the Men in Blue to hit the ground running in the next two matches to lift the coveted trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!