Don`t know how I would react when Sachin retires: Kohli
Jaipur: Star batsman Virat Kohli still doesn`t know what his reaction would be when Sachin Tendulkar walks out to bat for one last time in international cricket at the Wankhede Stadium in a month`s time.
"I have grown up watching him play and only wanted to bat like him. It will be a very difficult moment for me when he retires. He has been the biggest match winner for India and such a huge inspiration for all of us," said Kohli, who turned a touch emotional on the eve of India`s second ODI against Australia here.
"For 24 years, we never thought that there could be an Indian cricket team without Sachin. I don`t know how I would react when he would step out one last time and what will be the reaction of the whole team.
"Just like everyone in India, we are also sad that he will not play any longer," he added.
Tendulkar last week announced his decision to retire from the longest version of the game after playing his 200th Test to be held in Mumbai against the West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam