Don`t know how I would react when Sachin retires: Kohli
Jaipur: Star batsman Virat Kohli still doesn`t know what his reaction would be when Sachin Tendulkar walks out to bat for one last time in international cricket at the Wankhede Stadium in a month`s time.
"I have grown up watching him play and only wanted to bat like him. It will be a very difficult moment for me when he retires. He has been the biggest match winner for India and such a huge inspiration for all of us," said Kohli, who turned a touch emotional on the eve of India`s second ODI against Australia here.
"For 24 years, we never thought that there could be an Indian cricket team without Sachin. I don`t know how I would react when he would step out one last time and what will be the reaction of the whole team.
"Just like everyone in India, we are also sad that he will not play any longer," he added.
Tendulkar last week announced his decision to retire from the longest version of the game after playing his 200th Test to be held in Mumbai against the West Indies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case