Don`t know how I would react when Sachin retires: Kohli
Jaipur: Star batsman Virat Kohli still doesn`t know what his reaction would be when Sachin Tendulkar walks out to bat for one last time in international cricket at the Wankhede Stadium in a month`s time.
"I have grown up watching him play and only wanted to bat like him. It will be a very difficult moment for me when he retires. He has been the biggest match winner for India and such a huge inspiration for all of us," said Kohli, who turned a touch emotional on the eve of India`s second ODI against Australia here.
"For 24 years, we never thought that there could be an Indian cricket team without Sachin. I don`t know how I would react when he would step out one last time and what will be the reaction of the whole team.
"Just like everyone in India, we are also sad that he will not play any longer," he added.
Tendulkar last week announced his decision to retire from the longest version of the game after playing his 200th Test to be held in Mumbai against the West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues