Glenn Maxwell credits IPL for preparing him for `pressure-filled` scenarios
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has credited the lucrative Twenty20 tournament, the Indian Premier League, for preparing him for every pressure -filled scenario in cricket.
Maxwell, who has landed a one million-dollar deal with IPL side Mumbai Indians, has played only a handful of IPL games, has thanked his high-profile teammates Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting for helping him to deal with the burdens that come with such a price tag.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Maxwell said that playing in the IPL and the ICC Champions League has ensured that he will not be fazed by any cricketing scenario, adding that he is lucky that he got the opportunity to play in these tournaments and got used to the crowds which made helped him get over his fear in international situations.
Maxwell further defended the view that players play in the IPL for money, saying that the tournament is very lucrative, adding that there are many other players who went for similar amounts of money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving
- IITs have been requested to offer Sanskrit as elective subject, confirms HRD Minister Smriti Irani
- Tribute to Shaktiman: Petrol pump in Dehradun to be named after police horse
- Were these the achhe din they had promised for women: Trupti Desai on being denied entry at Haji Ali
- Watch video: The miracle cure for puffy eyes and dark circles – Coffee!