Glenn Maxwell credits IPL for preparing him for `pressure-filled` scenarios
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has credited the lucrative Twenty20 tournament, the Indian Premier League, for preparing him for every pressure -filled scenario in cricket.
Maxwell, who has landed a one million-dollar deal with IPL side Mumbai Indians, has played only a handful of IPL games, has thanked his high-profile teammates Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting for helping him to deal with the burdens that come with such a price tag.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Maxwell said that playing in the IPL and the ICC Champions League has ensured that he will not be fazed by any cricketing scenario, adding that he is lucky that he got the opportunity to play in these tournaments and got used to the crowds which made helped him get over his fear in international situations.
Maxwell further defended the view that players play in the IPL for money, saying that the tournament is very lucrative, adding that there are many other players who went for similar amounts of money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'