Heartbreak for Yuvraj fans at Mohali
Mohali: It was heartbreak for many die-hard fans of local hero Yuvraj Singh, who got out for a first-ball duck, in the third cricket one-dayer against Australia here on Saturday.
Even before the start of the day-night game in the afternoon, numerous fans of Yuvraj Singh had gathered outside the PCA stadium, carrying his pictures and chanting `Yuvi Yuvi`.
After being dropped from the squad at the beginning of the year, Yuvraj had made a successful comeback and his fans were hoping to see a big innings from the dashing left-hander.
"We all know the fighter that Yuvraj is, who defeated a dreaded disease like cancer. Recently, he has been in good form and even guided India to victory in an improbable chase in the Twenty20 match against Australia.
"We are a group of friends, all die-hard fans of Yuvi, who had come to see a big innings from him, but it seems we will have to wait for another day," said Tejveer Singh.
Yuvraj had spend considerable time at the nets yesterday and Mohali`s traditionally bouncy nature of wicket suited his style of batting, said another fan, adding that the batsman was a bit unlucky to have given a catch of the very first ball.
Meanwhile, it was not just Yuvraj, who disappointed the fans, but batting legend Sachin Tendulkar`s absence was also greatly felt by the fans at the PCA stadium.
A small aircraft, generally used by big companies for advertisement purposes, hovered over the PCA stadium for quite some time, with a strip attached to its tail, which read, "We Will Miss You Tendulkar".
The aircraft had been hired by a leading jewellery brand.
"I wish Sachin was still playing. He had smashed the Pakistanis all around the park when India defeated them at the 2011 World Cup semi-final match played at Mohali," said an avid Tendulkar fan, Sukhraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Ravi Shastri rates his 18-month stint as Indian team's Director the most memorable
- CBSE class 10 result 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016, CBSE 10th Board Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow; check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in
- Retirement age for all government doctors will be increased to 65, announces PM Narendra Modi
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points