Heartbreak for Yuvraj fans at Mohali
Mohali: It was heartbreak for many die-hard fans of local hero Yuvraj Singh, who got out for a first-ball duck, in the third cricket one-dayer against Australia here on Saturday.
Even before the start of the day-night game in the afternoon, numerous fans of Yuvraj Singh had gathered outside the PCA stadium, carrying his pictures and chanting `Yuvi Yuvi`.
After being dropped from the squad at the beginning of the year, Yuvraj had made a successful comeback and his fans were hoping to see a big innings from the dashing left-hander.
"We all know the fighter that Yuvraj is, who defeated a dreaded disease like cancer. Recently, he has been in good form and even guided India to victory in an improbable chase in the Twenty20 match against Australia.
"We are a group of friends, all die-hard fans of Yuvi, who had come to see a big innings from him, but it seems we will have to wait for another day," said Tejveer Singh.
Yuvraj had spend considerable time at the nets yesterday and Mohali`s traditionally bouncy nature of wicket suited his style of batting, said another fan, adding that the batsman was a bit unlucky to have given a catch of the very first ball.
Meanwhile, it was not just Yuvraj, who disappointed the fans, but batting legend Sachin Tendulkar`s absence was also greatly felt by the fans at the PCA stadium.
A small aircraft, generally used by big companies for advertisement purposes, hovered over the PCA stadium for quite some time, with a strip attached to its tail, which read, "We Will Miss You Tendulkar".
The aircraft had been hired by a leading jewellery brand.
"I wish Sachin was still playing. He had smashed the Pakistanis all around the park when India defeated them at the 2011 World Cup semi-final match played at Mohali," said an avid Tendulkar fan, Sukhraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016