Heartbreak for Yuvraj fans at Mohali
Mohali: It was heartbreak for many die-hard fans of local hero Yuvraj Singh, who got out for a first-ball duck, in the third cricket one-dayer against Australia here on Saturday.
Even before the start of the day-night game in the afternoon, numerous fans of Yuvraj Singh had gathered outside the PCA stadium, carrying his pictures and chanting `Yuvi Yuvi`.
After being dropped from the squad at the beginning of the year, Yuvraj had made a successful comeback and his fans were hoping to see a big innings from the dashing left-hander.
"We all know the fighter that Yuvraj is, who defeated a dreaded disease like cancer. Recently, he has been in good form and even guided India to victory in an improbable chase in the Twenty20 match against Australia.
"We are a group of friends, all die-hard fans of Yuvi, who had come to see a big innings from him, but it seems we will have to wait for another day," said Tejveer Singh.
Yuvraj had spend considerable time at the nets yesterday and Mohali`s traditionally bouncy nature of wicket suited his style of batting, said another fan, adding that the batsman was a bit unlucky to have given a catch of the very first ball.
Meanwhile, it was not just Yuvraj, who disappointed the fans, but batting legend Sachin Tendulkar`s absence was also greatly felt by the fans at the PCA stadium.
A small aircraft, generally used by big companies for advertisement purposes, hovered over the PCA stadium for quite some time, with a strip attached to its tail, which read, "We Will Miss You Tendulkar".
The aircraft had been hired by a leading jewellery brand.
"I wish Sachin was still playing. He had smashed the Pakistanis all around the park when India defeated them at the 2011 World Cup semi-final match played at Mohali," said an avid Tendulkar fan, Sukhraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth