Heartbreak for Yuvraj fans at Mohali
Mohali: It was heartbreak for many die-hard fans of local hero Yuvraj Singh, who got out for a first-ball duck, in the third cricket one-dayer against Australia here on Saturday.
Even before the start of the day-night game in the afternoon, numerous fans of Yuvraj Singh had gathered outside the PCA stadium, carrying his pictures and chanting `Yuvi Yuvi`.
After being dropped from the squad at the beginning of the year, Yuvraj had made a successful comeback and his fans were hoping to see a big innings from the dashing left-hander.
"We all know the fighter that Yuvraj is, who defeated a dreaded disease like cancer. Recently, he has been in good form and even guided India to victory in an improbable chase in the Twenty20 match against Australia.
"We are a group of friends, all die-hard fans of Yuvi, who had come to see a big innings from him, but it seems we will have to wait for another day," said Tejveer Singh.
Yuvraj had spend considerable time at the nets yesterday and Mohali`s traditionally bouncy nature of wicket suited his style of batting, said another fan, adding that the batsman was a bit unlucky to have given a catch of the very first ball.
Meanwhile, it was not just Yuvraj, who disappointed the fans, but batting legend Sachin Tendulkar`s absence was also greatly felt by the fans at the PCA stadium.
A small aircraft, generally used by big companies for advertisement purposes, hovered over the PCA stadium for quite some time, with a strip attached to its tail, which read, "We Will Miss You Tendulkar".
The aircraft had been hired by a leading jewellery brand.
"I wish Sachin was still playing. He had smashed the Pakistanis all around the park when India defeated them at the 2011 World Cup semi-final match played at Mohali," said an avid Tendulkar fan, Sukhraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow