Ind vs Aus: Virat Kohli – man of the hour
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Since the time Delhi boy Virat Kohli has made his ODI debut in August 2008 against Sri Lanka, he has been an integral part of the team. His power-packed performances and ability to play match-winning knocks has helped India chase mammoth totals with an ease. Consistency is the key behind his success.
Kohli is undoubtedly a run-machine, who has been exceptional with the bat and live-wire on field. He set high standards for himself from the very beginning and thus far maintained that quite successfully. It won’t be wrong if one says that he has been consistently raising that bar with every passing match.
His ability to destroy even with the best of the bowlers makes him a dangerous customer. We have seen what he has done in the past with bowlers like Lasith Malinga and Mitchell Johnson to name a few.
His biggest strength is that he can play every shot and has hardly any flaws in his batting technique. He reads the situation well and can change the gears quite swiftly. These are the reasons he has been representing India in all the formats of the game.
So far, this 24-year-old lad has scored 17 centuries in 118 ODIs, four hundreds in 18 Tests. The way he has been scoring runs, first he got the tag of ‘run-machine’ and now his knack of scoring hundreds every now and then is forcing the cricket pundits to think that he can break Sachin Tendulkar’s record of the most number of ODI centuries (49).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!