India vs Australia 2013: Rohit Sharma proves a point at Jaipur
Zee Media Bureau/Shashank Verma
New Delhi: A champagne-opening win by the Indian team! India chased down the second highest score in the history of ODI cricket on Wednesday against Australia.
Australia, led by George Bailey, set a mammoth target of 359 runs against India at Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh stadium. The Indian openers provided a devastating start as Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma kept sending the ball out of the boundary.
Rohit once again proved his credibility by scoring 141 runs off 123 balls – his highest score in ODIs. His previous best was 114 runs against Zimbabwe.
Later, Virat Kohli too joined the party and slammed his fastest century by scoring 100 in just 52 deliveries which is also the fastest by an Indian in ODIs.
Since taking charge of IPL franchise Mumbai Indians, Rohit has shown a drastic change in his playing style. Though it was an imposing target set by the Aussies, his brilliant innings made the chase seem like a walk in the park.
During the course of his innings, Rohit never let the viewers felt it like a huge one.
After getting thrashed by the Australians in the first ODI, Indian team led by MS Dhoni was under a lot of pressure but this splendid victory by nine wickets must have wiped away the memories of the loss at Pune.
Rohit presently is going through a very vital stage of his career. If he continues in the same vein since moving up the batting order, he will end up firmly cementing his place in the Indian team that is brimming with talent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi