India vs Australia: Pune ODI – Statistical highlights
Pune: Statistical highlights of the first one-dayer between India and Australia here.
• Virat Kohli (61 off 85 balls) posted his 25th fifty in ODIs -- his first vs Australia. The knock is his second highest vs Australia in ODIs behind the 118 at Visakhapatnam on October 20, 2010.
• The innings is his ninth fifty in a losing cause in ODIs.
• Kohli has totalled 750 runs (ave.44.11) in 23 games - the most by an Indian batsman in ODIs in 2013.
• Aaron Finch (72) has recorded his second highest score in ODIs behind the 148 off 114 balls vs Scotland at Edinburgh on September 3, 2013. The said innings is his first fifty in ODIs.
• Australia have won both the ODIs when Finch has registered fifty-plus innings.
• Australia`s triumph by 72 runs is their third in succession vs India - the previous two being by 110 runs at Brisbane on February 19, 2012 and by 87 runs at Sydney on February 26, 2012.
• India narrowly missed equalling their best winning sequence in ODIs. India had won their last eight ODIs in a row before Sunday’s defeat between July 5 and August 3, 2013. Between November 14, 2008 and February 5, 2009, India had won nine ODIs in a row.
• While chasing 300 runs or more vs Australia in ODIs, India have been defeated in all the eleven matches.
• George Bailey (85 off 82 balls) posted his fourth fifty as captain in ODIs - his ninth in ODIs.
• Bailey`s knock is his second highest away from home in ODIs behind the 87 off 91 balls vs England at Cardiff on September 14, 2013.
• Bailey has totalled 705 runs at an average of 54.23 in 17 ODIs in 2013 - the highest by an Australian batsman in ODIs.
• Bailey has got his third Man of the Match award in ODIs.
• Mitchell Johnson is the first Australian bowler to complete 25 wickets (ave.26.48) in 15 games against India in India.
• Rohit`s 42 off 47 balls is his second highest vs Australia in ODIs behind the 66 at SCG on March 2, 2008.
• As a pair, Rohit and Virat are averaging 51.37 in ODIs - their tally being 1233 runs in 25 innings, including four hundreds and four fifties.
• Yuvraj Singh (2/34) has recorded his best bowling performance vs Australia in ODIs.
• Raina and Kohli put on 71 for the third wicket - their ninth fifty-plus partnership for all wickets in ODIs.
• James Faulkner (3/47) has produced his third best bowling figures in ODIs. His best ever figures are 4 for 48 vs West Indies at Canberra on February 6, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks