India vs Australia: Pune ODI – Statistical highlights
Pune: Statistical highlights of the first one-dayer between India and Australia here.
• Virat Kohli (61 off 85 balls) posted his 25th fifty in ODIs -- his first vs Australia. The knock is his second highest vs Australia in ODIs behind the 118 at Visakhapatnam on October 20, 2010.
• The innings is his ninth fifty in a losing cause in ODIs.
• Kohli has totalled 750 runs (ave.44.11) in 23 games - the most by an Indian batsman in ODIs in 2013.
• Aaron Finch (72) has recorded his second highest score in ODIs behind the 148 off 114 balls vs Scotland at Edinburgh on September 3, 2013. The said innings is his first fifty in ODIs.
• Australia have won both the ODIs when Finch has registered fifty-plus innings.
• Australia`s triumph by 72 runs is their third in succession vs India - the previous two being by 110 runs at Brisbane on February 19, 2012 and by 87 runs at Sydney on February 26, 2012.
• India narrowly missed equalling their best winning sequence in ODIs. India had won their last eight ODIs in a row before Sunday’s defeat between July 5 and August 3, 2013. Between November 14, 2008 and February 5, 2009, India had won nine ODIs in a row.
• While chasing 300 runs or more vs Australia in ODIs, India have been defeated in all the eleven matches.
• George Bailey (85 off 82 balls) posted his fourth fifty as captain in ODIs - his ninth in ODIs.
• Bailey`s knock is his second highest away from home in ODIs behind the 87 off 91 balls vs England at Cardiff on September 14, 2013.
• Bailey has totalled 705 runs at an average of 54.23 in 17 ODIs in 2013 - the highest by an Australian batsman in ODIs.
• Bailey has got his third Man of the Match award in ODIs.
• Mitchell Johnson is the first Australian bowler to complete 25 wickets (ave.26.48) in 15 games against India in India.
• Rohit`s 42 off 47 balls is his second highest vs Australia in ODIs behind the 66 at SCG on March 2, 2008.
• As a pair, Rohit and Virat are averaging 51.37 in ODIs - their tally being 1233 runs in 25 innings, including four hundreds and four fifties.
• Yuvraj Singh (2/34) has recorded his best bowling performance vs Australia in ODIs.
• Raina and Kohli put on 71 for the third wicket - their ninth fifty-plus partnership for all wickets in ODIs.
• James Faulkner (3/47) has produced his third best bowling figures in ODIs. His best ever figures are 4 for 48 vs West Indies at Canberra on February 6, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!