India vs Australia: Ranchi ODI - Statistical highlights
Ranchi: Statistical highlights of the abandoned fourth cricket one-dayer between India and Australia here on Wednesday.
• Mohammed Shami (3/42) recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs.
• George Bailey has registered his eleventh fifty in ODIs - his third in four innings against India. His brilliant 98 off 94 balls is the highest individual score at Ranchi.
• Bailey recorded his second highest score in ODIs behind only to the 125 not out off 110 balls vs West Indies at Perth on February 3, 2013.
• Bailey enjoys an excellent record in ODIs vs India - his tally being 318 (ave.106.00) in four innings. He became the first batsman to amass 300 runs in the current series.
• Bailey has set an Australian record and became the first captain to amass 300-plus in a bilateral series, eclipsing Ricky Ponting`s tally of 295 in five innings (ave. 73.75), including a century and two fifties against West Indies in Australia in 2009-10.
• The previous highest by an Australian skipper against India in a bilateral series was 267 (ave.44.50) in six games in 2009-10 by Ponting.
• The Ranchi ODI has provided the ninth occasion between the two countries when a match has failed to produce a result.
• Australia (295 for eight) have registered the highest total at Ranchi.
• For the seventh time in an innings in ODIs, two batsmen got dismissed in the nervous nineties. Sri Lanka and Australia provide three instances each and New Zealand one.
• Glenn Maxwell (92 off 77 balls) has recorded a career-best score in ODIs, outstripping an unbeaten 56 vs Pakistan at Sharjah on September 3, 2012. His fourth fifty in ODIs is his second against India.
• Bailey and Maxwell were involved in a 153-run stand - Australia`s highest fifth-wicket partnership against India in ODIs, surpassing the 144 between Michael Clarke and Brad Haddin at Bangalore on September 29, 2007.
• The above stand is Australia`s fifth highest for the fifth wicket in ODIs.
• Australia have registered 38 sixes - the most hit by them in a bilateral series, eclipsing the 34 hit vs India in seven games in 2007-08.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni has led India 146 times, emulating Sourav Ganguly`s tally. Only Mohammad Azharuddin (174) has led India more times than Dhoni. Ganguly`s overall tally of 147 times includes one for Asia XI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly