India vs Australia: The 48th over by Ishant Sharma changed the equation of Mohali ODI
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
Mohali: On Saturday, young James Faulkner played the best innings of his ODI career smashing unbeaten 64* off just 29 deliveries to snatch an unlikely win for Australia that also gave them a lead of 2-1 over India in the seven match ODI series at Mohali.
After 47 overs had been bowled, Australian team needed 44 runs from just 18 deliveries. The match was very much tilted in India’s favour. But then the next over -- the 48th of the innings by Ishant Sharma --changed the entire equation and brought the visitors back into the game. 30 runs were scored and it ultimately became the turning point of the match.
Here is how the dreaded 48th over turned out to be:
Bowler: Ishant Sharma, Batsman: James Faulkner
• 47.1: Full and wide and Faulkner collects a boundary over covers.
• 47.2: Short delivery and Faulkner sends it soaring high over mid-wicket for a six.
• 47.3: Length delivery and the result is the same – a six.
• 47.4: Short delivery and an inside edge to square leg for a couple.
• 47.5: Another short stuff and this time it sails over square leg boundary for third six of the over.
• 47.6: Length delivery and Faulkner ends the over with fourth six – this time over mid-wicket boundary.
After this over, Australia needed just 14 off remaining 12 deliveries which they achieved with three to spare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore