India's Virat Kohli becomes top-ranked ODI batsman
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With his superb show in the recently concluded seven-match ODI series against England, Virat Kohli has become the top-ranked batsman in the 50-over format.
As per the latest ICC ODI rankings, Kohli at top is followed by Hashim Amla of South Africa and George Bailey of Australia at second and third respectively.
Team India captain MS Dhoni is the other Indian in the top-ten sitting pretty at no. 6.
Kohli amassed 344 runs in six games for India at an average of 114.66 with the help of two centuries and two fifties. He was instrumental in helping India chase targets in excess of 350 runs on two occasions.
In the final game on Saturday, Kohli failed to score as his innings came to an abrupt end due to a mix-up in the middle with Rohit Sharma that led to him being run out.
Rohit went on the score a double century that helped India set Australia a mammoth target of 384 runs .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan