India's Virat Kohli becomes top-ranked ODI batsman
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With his superb show in the recently concluded seven-match ODI series against England, Virat Kohli has become the top-ranked batsman in the 50-over format.
As per the latest ICC ODI rankings, Kohli at top is followed by Hashim Amla of South Africa and George Bailey of Australia at second and third respectively.
Team India captain MS Dhoni is the other Indian in the top-ten sitting pretty at no. 6.
Kohli amassed 344 runs in six games for India at an average of 114.66 with the help of two centuries and two fifties. He was instrumental in helping India chase targets in excess of 350 runs on two occasions.
In the final game on Saturday, Kohli failed to score as his innings came to an abrupt end due to a mix-up in the middle with Rohit Sharma that led to him being run out.
Rohit went on the score a double century that helped India set Australia a mammoth target of 384 runs .
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'